The Alimiyya Programme is a traditional course taught in various institutes across the Muslim world, it covers the Islamic Sciences giving a comprehensive understanding and insight into Islamic scholarship. The course is taught in the English medium whilst giving much emphasis on classical Arabic, thus allowing the student to understand authentic knowledge with its contemporary application and relevance in the modern world. Students will use their learned Arabic language skills to directly access the Qur’anic language as well Hadith and classisical Islamic works, It will give the student an in-depth insight into Islamic Theology and the Islamic legal/social structure.
This course has been structured such that it is in-line with and equivalent to a British degree.
Currently we have the Alimiyya Programme available for sisters in full or part time
The Alimiyya programme will cover an in depth study of classical subjects such as:
• Qira’a /Tajweed (Qur’anic Recital) We have built up a reputation of providing only the highest standards of Qira’a.
• Classical Arabic: Language Lagh), Sarf (Etymology) and Nahw (Grammar)
• Usool Al Fiqh (Philosophy of Islamic Jurisprudence) and Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
• Hadith (Prophetic Tradition) and Mustalahul Hadith (Principles of Hadith)
• Aqeedah (Tenants of belief and eschatology)
• Tafseer (Quranic Exegesis)
• Seerah (The Life of The Prophet Muhammad Pbuh)
This program is taught by experienced Alima teachers who have Ijazas (Licenses to teach) in the various sciences. By the end of the program we expect students to become competent Alimas that can go onto implement their learning in all walks of life. We encourage Alimas to take up various positions, roles and responsibilities and contribute constructively towards society.